Thursday 22 April 2010

Day 3 - Metropolitan Line (Part two)


Just got back and my feet are aching! A mammoth walk today, and huge thanks to those who joined me for it.

After a hectic start to the day (due largely to my own lack of any organisational ability) we headed off from Finchley Road into north-west London at about 2.45. Two or three hours of identical semi-detached housing followed, although Wembley itself was a highlight, a truly fantastic stadium. After stopping off nearby for lunch at a petrol station (in which the facilities, according to Rich, were 'pleasantly surprising' in terms of décor and cleanliness), we headed on, walking underneath the North Circular on a precariously thin pavement before passing through Brent, Harrow and Pinner. I pressed on more than I had originally intended, finally reaching Rickmansworth at about 10, where my feet gave up!

Various members of the British public must receive thanks for directing me when I went beyond where I had planned and was without a map, particularly a man near Moor Lane who must have been a little wary about opening his front door to my bearded, hoody wearing (trampish) self at 9.30ish.

Onwards tomorrow to Uxbridge with Khawar, where my efforts will be rewarded with a visit to the filming of the IT Crowd. Hoping the entertainment will make it all worth it...

Alex

Finchley Road-Wembley Park-Preston Road-Northwick Park-Harrow On The Hill-North Harrow-Pinner-Northwood Hills-Northwood-Moor Park-Rickmansworth (18 miles)

1 comment:

  1. Going under the North Circular was certainly a memorable moment.
    As was that guy who helpfully told us when he saw us walking up the street that the quickest way to Wembley was on the Tube!

    ReplyDelete