Tuesday 27 April 2010

Day 4 - Jubilee Line


The agony of choice or the choice of agony...

My walking has been delayed up to this point by the pain in my foot, but it recommenced today. Unfortunately, I was unable to finish the Met Line as planned due to time constraints. Instead, I decided to start the Jubilee, with the proviso that I never walk more than two lines at once! I think the flexibility may prove useful later on...


In any case, I was somewhat nervous as I started walking, worried that my foot would not cope. I had earlier purchased some proper walking/running shoes (at last), and armed with these I set off from Stratford, taking my time to admire the new Olympic Stadium and Aquatic Centre. It wasn't the most thrilling of walks down to Canning Town, but I was pleased it was relatively pain free.


It was at this point, I confess, that I used the Underground for the only part of the journey I have planned to do so. Despite my best efforts, it is impossible to walk over the water between Canning Town, North Greenwich, Canary Wharf and Canada Water. Tunnels do exist, but are a long, long way away. In the spirit of following the tube lines, my only option was to head to the tube station, surfacing at North Greenwich and Canary Wharf to complete short walks around the areas and photograph the progress.


Starting again from Canada Water, and kindly accompanied by Jonathan Caunt, we set off to Waterloo. A nice walk in the afternoon sunshine provided no further drama, for which I am grateful, and I returned home optimistic about making more progress tomorrow.
Cheers

Alex
Stratford-West Ham-Canning Town-North Greenwich-Canary Wharf-Canada Water-Bermondsey-London Bridge-Southwark-Waterloo

No comments:

Post a Comment