Wednesday 28 April 2010

Day 5 - Jubilee Line (Part two)


A really lovely walk today. The first positive is that my legs coped with (as yet...) no obvious problems, so it seems as though I'm getting on track in that respect.

The second, and indeed the greater positive, were the stunning views of London I benefitted from as I walked. For every estate in Stratford, or row after row of suburban housing in Kilburn, there is a fantastic London landmark waiting when I cross through Zone 1. Today I passed the London Eye, Westminster Abbey, Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament, and Buckingham Palace. Added to this the view of London from Westminster Bridge, and being able to walk through not one but three of London's fantastic Parks (St. James, Green and Regent's), and all in all it was one of my favourite routes so far.

I will stop there, lest I sound like an advert for London Tourism. Needless to say, it is with some trepidation I am eyeing my return to north west London for the completion of the Jubilee and Metropolitan lines next week. Wembley aside, the views are somewhat less spectuacular. Nevertheless, seeing all of London, the good and the bad, certainly makes me appreciate the city all the more.

Off back to Jersey (huzzah) til Monday, when my walks, and blog postings, will resume.

All the best
X

Waterloo-Westminster-Green Park-Bond Street-Baker Street-St. John's Wood-Swiss Cottage-Finchley Road-West Hampstead-Kilburn-Willesden Green

No comments:

Post a Comment