Monday 3 May 2010

Day 6 - Northern Line (and a weekend at home)


Hey,

Had a lovely time at home resting and enjoying the fame and fortune that accompanies page 3 of the JEP (see photos). Rested my foot up nicely and returned to England on Monday only to learn of the Bank Holiday shut down of the Jubilee Line. It seems that TFL are desperate to frustrate my efforts, perhaps in the hope of dissuading others from copying me and subsequently eating into their profits...

SO, not wanting to be beaten by engineering work, I headed down to Morden to complete the southern chunk of the Northern Line. Walking north in the afternoon sunshine was nice, going through Tooting, Clapham and Borough where I was kindly met by Lynsey, who accompanied me the last leg of the way, to Old Street.

No exciting stories, but Clapham Common was pretty, and I got to see up close the impressive new skyscraper in Elephant & Castle. And of course I got to see Moorgate, which I clearly don't do enough...

Will try to get back on Sched tomorrow, although I'm not entirely sure how it will work...

Cheers,
Alex

Morden-South Wimbledon-Colliers Wood-Tooting Broadway-Tooting Bec-Balham-Clapham South-Clapham Common-Clapham North-Stockwell-Oval-Kennington-Elephant and Castle-Borough-London Bridge-Bank-Moorgate-Old Street

No comments:

Post a Comment