Sunday 23 May 2010

Day 23 - Piccadilly Line (Part Four)


The weather today was absolutely stunning, which made the walk both a pleasure and, as it continued, increasingly tiring! My walking companion for the day was Caroline, who met me at Park Royal for a wander that went through some of the leafier parts of north west London. The first half, up Sudbury's rather low hill and on to Rayners Lane, was new ground for me, and very nice ground it was too. The heat precipitated repeated buying of drinks and ice cream, but despite the conditions we made a good pace and admired the scenery. The area around South Harrow was particularly pretty, which made up for the more urban walks I have been on of late.

Caroline stayed with me as far as Ruislip, a very good effort for which I am grateful, and I trudged with increasing weariness the last few stops to Uxbridge. This was a route I had passed before albeit in the opposite direction while walking the Metropolitan Line. Along the way, I passed West Ruislip, ominously the start of my 11th and final line (the Central), to where I will return in earnest later this week.

The majority of the walk was fairly peaceful, a nice way to spend a ridiculously hot sunday afternoon. Another line finished! Nearly there now, the end most definitely in sight. With that in mind, I am still working on my schedule for the last week or so, thus should anyone still be keen to accompany me, let me know soon!

Hope everyone had a similarly nice weekend
x

No comments:

Post a Comment