Wednesday 19 May 2010

Day 20 - District Line (Part Four)


A very grumpy, tired body almost fell off the train at Wimbledon this morning, on what was to prove a hot, humid day in London. Picking itself up, said body proceeded to walk from the home of wombles, of which there were none that could be seen, through Putney, Chelsea and Kensington into central London and the destination of Edgware Road.

Hand-made maps again showed me the way as I tore through the capital in a desperate bid to make it to my Public Companies workshop on time. As you might imagine, with such a carrot in front me, I made good pace. The highlight of an efficient walk was Putney Bridge and another Thames crossing, although other sights of note included Parsons Green, with many a familiar pub, and Chelsea FC, the third football club (and almost certainly the last) I will be passing. That is if you don't count Barnet. And let's not...

Along with such moving highs was an irritating low. With the walk all but completed, halfway between Paddington and Edgware Road, I felt a familiar twinge in my right knee which hinted at trouble. This combined with a spectacular blister made for an uncomfortable afternoon, albeit one made all the better by a trip to see the filming of QI. Stephen Fry = Legend.

Resting up now with the last day of District Line (hopefully) to come tomorrow. A trip to Boots may be on the cards...

Ttfn



No comments:

Post a Comment