Saturday 29 May 2010

Day 28 - Central Line (Part Three)


A pleasant walk yesterday for Day 28, albeit rather brief, with the lure of drinks in Moorgate too strong to allow me to do any more. And the desire to keep my feet and legs in tact for the weekend...

I am grateful to the OS map at Roding Valley tube station for showing me a footpath which cut two miles off my journey to Chigwell. This allowed me a very pleasant walk through the countryside, and also the unexpected pleasure of stumbling upon Tottenham Hotspur's 'Spurs Lodge' Training Ground. Alas there were no players, as they are all off on their summer holidays, but it was a good find nonetheless.

Te other destination of note was Grange Hill, which bored little resemblance to the fictional school which bore its name on television. Instead the area, and for that matter Chigwell, was full of plush houses and sports cars with personalised number plates. Still no sign of the typical Essex I had heard so much about...

No comments:

Post a Comment