Wednesday 26 May 2010

Day 26 - Central Line


I had intended to get up this morning at 8, and set off for a long walk before college. But after only 5 hours of sleep, my head said no, and instead I set off on the (shorter) second leg of my afore mentioned three part confidential journey... More details to follow!

However, having gone into college, and with Bank on the Central line, I had no good reason not to walk into east london. My original (modest) target was to go as far as Stratford, but having got there in surprisingly quick time I plodded on. Stratford is an interesting area, with a massive amount of ongoing development. I imagine that in 2012 it will be stunning, but now it looks like a huge building site stuck between Bow and Hackney. Nice. The main Olympic buildings, the Stadium and the Aquatic Centre, are well underway and look impressive, but the rest are still in their early stages.

Leyton and Leytonstone are nice enough, quite typical of East London and similar to Bow, West Ham and Plaistow on the District. Snaresbrook seemed leafier, and I look forward to returning in the near future to press on into greener surroundings...

Ta

No comments:

Post a Comment