Friday 14 May 2010

Day 16 - Circle Line


A lovely day for a walk in and around central London, which was ideal really as such was the task I set for myself today. Accompanied (for most of the way) by Martin, today's walk was probably just about the most scenic in terms of seeing central London that I am likely to do.

Starting from the overly familiar Moorgate, the line curves around Bank, taking in such sights as the Tower of London, Tower Bridge and St Paul's, before following the north bank of the Thames to Westminster. From here it passes through Kensington and Notting Hill (very fashionable) before splitting at Paddington/Edgware Road, one way to Hammersmith and the other to Moorgate.

I am sure I will greatly resent the Circle Line extension by the time I finish the line. In fact, I resent the whole line really given that every single station is covered on another line and thus I really am repeating myself. But it really is nice to be able to wander around the center of London, admiring the sights in the style of a tourist, rather than pushing through zones full of rows of housing to the end of the various lines.

The Circle Line should be finished by Sunday night if all goes to plan, and I will be into the last two weeks. Can't wait.

Night...

No comments:

Post a Comment